Here’s our list of most exciting events coming to your region.
Are you ready to check these entertainment offerings out with your family and friends?
– Garden Tours. Free, weekly tours of the Tondoon Botanic Gardens at 672 Glenlyon Rd in Gladstone. Cost is free, no bookings are required. Phone (07) 4971 4444 for more information.
– Chanel College Music Showcase. Thursday, 28 October from 5pm. Chanel College, 11 Paterson St West Gladstone.
– Benaraby Twilight Fair. Friday, 29 October from 4pm. Benaraby State School, 17 O’Connor Road in Benaraby. Live music by the Elysian Duo. For stall bookings, contact email@example.com.
– Twilight Markets at ARTmatters. Saturday, 30 October from 4pm to 8pm. Creative Gladstone, located at 3 Pitt St. Live music, licensed bar, food vans, raffles, and a lucky door prize. Gift shop and gallery are open. A variety of stalls for your Christmas shopping. Entry by gold coin donation.
– Crow Street Food and Music Festival. Saturday, 30 October from 5pm. Crow Street Collective, 8 Crow St Gladstone.
– PopCon Gladstone. Saturday, 30 October from 11am. Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre. Just like Superman, PopCon 2021 is set to fly across the region this year with pop culture enthusiasts treated to a range of fun activities. From anime and sci-fi, to fantasy and gaming – there’s something to suit everyone! Check out the displays, treat yourself at the market stalls, showoff your skills in the cosplay contest and make some new friends.
Various competitions will be running throughout the event including; Junior LEGO Legends, Senior LEGO Legends, Lucky Door Prize and cosplay competitions. The cosplay competitions will include cosplay parade, prop competition, kids parade and Cosplay Championship.
– Gladstone MS Swimathon. Sunday, 31 October from 6am. Western Suburbs Gladstone Swimming Club, Glenlyon Road. Visit www.msswimathon.com.au/ for more information.
– Puppet Show and Lunch: Halloween. Sunday, 31 October from 11am. Clinton State School. Harvey Road, Clinton. Cost $18 per child. Dress the kids up for Halloween.
– Cult Film Night: 1986’s Little Shop of Horrors. Saturday, 30 October from 7pm. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. Tickets cost $15 for general admission, $13 for concession. Visit gladstoneentertainment.com for tickets.
– Halloween Zombie Party. Saturday, 30 October from 7pm. Harvey Road Tavern, 1 Harvey Road Clinton.
– King Stingray: Live music. Thursday, 4 November at 7.30pm. Harvey Road Tavern, 1 Harvey Road Clinton.
– Bloom Sings: Morning Melodies. Tuesday, 9 November from 10am. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre, 58 Goondoon Street. In this brand new show, Melbourne singer songwriter Bloom will have you experience the incredible hits that span several decades from the Grammy Award winning artists Stevie Nicks, Carole King and Linda Ronstadt. Tickets cost $16 for adults, loyalty members $13, groups of more than six will charge each person $12 entry.
– The Gladstone Men’s Shed will be hosting its tenth birthday celebrations at our facilities located at 18 Moura Crescent, Barney Point, from 5pm on Friday 29 October. Some of the original founding members are returning to Gladstone for the event, plus some of our key supporters like Glenn Butcher, Matt Burnett and Craig Walker will be attending.
To be held as separate functions, they are expecting a similar group from the Gladstone Ports Corporation on at 9.30am on Tuesday 9 November.
– Cosentino: Deception. Tuesday, 16 November from 7.30pm. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre, 58 Goondoon St. Tickets cost $85 for admit one. A family pass will cost $282.80 for two adults and two children. Join Cosentino as he performs death-defying escapes that will thrill your senses, mind-boggling stage illusions and cutting-edge street magic that will twist your view of reality.
– Dance Kix Concert: Covers and Remixes. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre, 58 Goondoon St. Adult tickets cost $22, children and students cost $11.50. Visit gladstoneentertainment.com/ for more information.
– Kevin Bloody Wilson, 19 February from 7.30pm, Harvey Road Tavern, Visit oztix.com.au for tickets.