Gladstone Today staff
Here’s our list of most exciting events coming to your region.
Are you ready to check these entertainment offerings out with your family and friends?
– In the Spotlight: 3 Legends in Concert – Normie Rowe, Dinah Lee and Jade Hurley.
NORMIE ROWE was Australia’s first King of Pop with hits including “Shakin’ All Over”, “Ohh La La”, and, “It Ain’t Necessarily So” and starred in a myriad of stage shows including “Annie”, “Chess”, “Evita” and as Jean Valjean in “Les Miserable”. He has done it all.
DINAH LEE (the Queen of the mods) is a New Zealand born singer with hits including “Don’t You Know Yockomo”, “Reet Petite” and “Do The Blue Beat” and is acknowledged as New Zealand’s greatest musical import to Australia.
JADE HURLEY dubbed by Johnny O’Keefe as Australia’s King of Country Rock is Australia’s very own Piano Man with the unique record that every record he has released has achieved gold, platinum and double platinum status.
When: Saturday 16 October from 8pm.
Where: Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. Goondoon Street.
Ticket Prices: Adult $69.50, concession $64.50 and students $40.
– Gladstone Community in Concert. Wednesday, 13 October from 7pm. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. Visit qso.com.au for tickets and more information.
– 2021 Tooloola State High School Arts Showcase. Friday, 15 October at the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. Foyer opens at 5.30pm, the show starts at 6.30pm with a 15-minute intermission. Tickets cost $6.
– Rotary Charity Markets. Sunday, 17 October from 7am. Tondoon Botanic Gardens, Gladstone. Visit gladstone.qld.gov.au for more information and to book a stall.
– Turkey Beach Markets and Car Boot Sale. Saturday, 16 October from 8am. Worthington Road Reserve, Turkey Beach. Phone (07) 4976 6766 for more information or to book a stall.
– Tuesday Art Play. Tuesday, 19 October from 10.30am. Gladstone Regional Art Gallery, Goondoon St. Cost: $5. Phone (07) 4976 6766.
– Tigerlily. Saturday, 16 October from 8am. Mieplace Niteclub, 6 Goondoon St Gladstone. Visit songkick.com for tickets.
– Calliope Rotary Markets. Sunday, 24 October from 8am. Chapman Park, 3 Taragoola Rd, Calliope. Stall fees start at $10. Set up commences at 7am. Calliope Rodeo Grounds, with a country cup of tea and biscuits for morning tea. Phone 0414 874 721 for more information.
– Discovery Coast Markets. Sunday, 24 October from 8am. Seventeen Seventy SES Grounds, Captain Cook Drive, Town of 1770. Cost to book a site is $10. Phone 0488 087 622 for more information.
– Gladstone MS Swimathon. Sunday, 31 October from 6am. Western Suburbs Gladstone Swimming Club, Glenlyon Road. Visit www.msswimathon.com.au/ for more information.
– Colour Me Capricorn Gladstone. Gladstone Marina, 98 Bryan Jordan Drive. Visit trybooking.com for tickets.
– Crow Street Food and Music Festival. Saturday, 30 October from 5pm. Crow Street Collective, 8 Crow St Gladstone.
– PopCon Gladstone. Saturday, 30 October from 11am. Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre. Just like Superman, PopCon 2021 is set to fly across the region this year with pop culture enthusiasts treated to a range of fun activities. From anime and sci-fi, to fantasy and gaming – there’s something to suit everyone! Check out the displays, treat yourself at the market stalls, showoff your skills in the cosplay contest and make some new friends.
Various competitions will be running throughout the event including; Junior LEGO Legends, Senior LEGO Legends, Lucky Door Prize and cosplay competitions. The cosplay competitions will include cosplay parade, prop competition, kids parade and Cosplay Championship.
– Cult Film Night: 1986’s Little Shop of Horrors. Saturday, 30 October from 7pm. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. Tickets cost $15 for general admission, $13 for concession. Visit gladstoneentertainment.com for tickets.
– Bloom Sings: Morning Melodies. Tuesday, 9 November from 10am. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre, 58 Goondoon Street. In this brand new show, Melbourne singer songwriter Bloom will have you experience the incredible hits that span several decades from the Grammy Award winning artists Stevie Nicks, Carole King and Linda Ronstadt. Tickets cost $16 for adults, loyalty members $13, groups of more than six will charge each person $12 entry.
– Kevin Bloody Wilson, 19 February from 7.30pm, Harvey Road Tavern, Visit oztix.com.au for tickets.